The Summer Solstice is almost here, and June is almost halfway over, summer is here in full swing! We are taking a HUGE road trip in August, and we are so excited. We will be gone almost the whole month of August, so we want to make the most of the time we're home this summer. Specifically, I want to make sure I have a strong training rhythm that I can continue through the roadtrip.
To keep moving in the right direction, I have three big goals this summer:
Move my body joyfully EVERY day
(but specifically run 2-3x week and lift 3x a week)
Lose weight every week, doesn't matter how much
(this is the review sneak peak part...I needed to break this upward trend/plateau/slump so despite my disillusionment with their weight loss philosophy and teachings in previous years, I have signed up for 3 months of Weight Watchers. They recently relaunched the program with some changes that I think have really made a difference and pushed them back into the category of a healthy weight loss philosophy. More details to come on this in a future review.)
Use my entire CSA box every week
So far, I'm on week 3, and aside from a head of Bok Choy and a few bunches of cilantro, I'm on track!
Other stuff:
- Sticking to training days has been key for me..too much flexibility in this department leads to shoddy execution. M/W/F is for lifting and boxing, whenever I can fit it in, but it's always actually scheduled. T/Th/Su is for running...first thing in the morning. Saturday is for yardwork. *blech* Is yard work joyful movement? Kind of. I love how everything looks when it's done. Functional fitness can be awesome.
- July 21st - My first 10K! The Esprit de She on the Chicago Lakefront!
- Continuing my training plan for the half marathon, with a few modifications for whatever is going on with my hip
- Working my way back through 5x5 Stronglifts
- And always, always...lots of fun and adventures with Ellie - beach, playdates, hikes, reading

No comments:
Post a Comment